About The Market Path
We offer you Grace. We offer you Justice. We offer you Fair Trade.
The Market Path is a mission and ministry of First Grace United Church of Christ in Akron, Ohio. Eager to be a unique, welcoming presence in the Highland Square community, The Market Path has provided a place to promote social justice, honesty and integrity in the local retail market.
We seek to provide an "extravagant welcome" by honoring and respecting all whom we encounter: from the customer off the street to the local community artist, our business associates to artists half-way around the world we are choosing to uphold the practice of fair trade marketing and retail. We seek to be a great place of home and grace for all who cross our path.
We are committed to offering you fairly traded quality products, handmade by world and local artisans and local farmers. Each item we sell has it's own story of supported artisits and craftspeople promoting economic stability and community development. Unlike other stores, The Market Path will provide you with the opportunity to be part of the world story by offering you retail options with compassion, humanity and integrity.
All of our fair trade goods are certified by the Fair Trade Federation, ensuring that artisans are not only paid a fair wage for their handwork, but they are also providing their age-appropriate workers with a safe working enviroment.
All of our community and national goods are kept to the same standards and practices as considered by fair trade practices. We seek to work with local, regional and national individuals and organizations that not only pay their workers a fair wage, but increase the value of the individual, their experience and the community.
Wondering what kinds of items we sell? Here is a brief list of some of our more popular items:
- Handmade jewelry from around the world
- Handcrafted purses and bags
- Intoxicating soaps, insense, and infusers
- A variety of authentic world instruments and noise-makers
- White, milk, and dark chocolate unlike anything you've tasted before
- Coffees, teas, soup mixes, dips, oils, and other food items
- Unique gifts and home items each handcrafted and individual
- Banners, cards, drapings, and wall-hangings
- Seasonal items such as hats, gloves, and scarves for all ages
- Handcrafted children's toys and items
- An amazing assortment of Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzza and holiday ornaments and more for gifts and your home
- And so much more!
About the Fair Trade Independent Stores Coalition (FTIS)
Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to be a coalition of fair trade independent retailers sharing best practices and having a collective voice in the business world for the principles of fair trade.
Representing Ohio and surrounding states!